Monday, September 1, 2008

My new playset

Last weekend mom found this amazing jungle gym on craigslist (is there anything you can't find there?). Dad quickly lept into action and the next day, Grandpa and dad were disessembling the set from the old house (see first picture). And the coolest thing was waking up the morning after the set arrived and seeing that BRAND NEW UHAUL parked in the driveway (has anyone ever seen a Uhaul with 275 miles on the odometer??). I was THRILLLED to touch those wheels and run around the truck again and again. I secretly wished that the truck would have stayed along with the swing set. THEN, this past week, Dad and Boppa spent some time "refurbishing" the set and this Saturday, Dad, Boppa and Uncle Chris put it all back together again in our yard! It looks AMAZING and just like new!! Now I have my very own playground in the backyard. I especially love the swings and going down the slide on mom or dad's lap. I'm still perfecting climbing the ramp up to the forts. Brodie's favorite part is the ramp up to the forts. He loves to run up...and down...and up...and down...and then he lays up in the tower looking down on his domain. He has yet to understand that he must yeild to those on the swings and we've had a few run-ins, but we think he'll get it...eventually. We even had cousin Anna and cousin William over this weekend to try out the set.
(no post would be complete without a picture of James, so the last shot is of James running by the camera a few days ago. Note the huge shiner above his eye. Fear is not something James is aware of and we've been experiencing first hand exactly what it's like to raise a boy.)


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The Plateniks said...

Wow! Great find, Mom! That is one amazing playset. You'll be delivering PB&J's to James and Brodie in the fort in no time.

Anonymous said...

Great find Mom!!! I can see tons and tons of hours being spent out there.!!!!!